Health Information/Medical Records
What work is performed by this department?
- Responsible for all patient medical records.
- Retrieve, scan and archive/store medical records in electronic record system and CDs loaded on server.
- Handle the release of all personal health information and protect the confidentiality of all personal health information per Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations.
- Transcribe medical reports.
- Handle requests for information from outside sources, physicians, insurance companies, etc.
- Analyze records for completion and accuracy.
- Code diagnoses/procedures from documentation for statistical and insurance purposes.
- Run statistical reports.
- Perform Library Services – online literary searches and subscription management.
- Submit cancer registry to State.
- Perform some quality assurance studies for various departments and the medical staff.
- Open from 8 to 4:30, Monday through Friday